The Ministry for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan was formed on the 4th February in 2015, by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on forming the ministry for the development of information technologies and communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan (russian version).
Main tasks and the areas of activity of the Ministry:
- realizing the implementation of a unified state policy on information technologies and communications, implementing "e-government", developing integrated programs for the introduction and development of the national information and communication system according to the world level and requirement, protecting and using information;
- further development and modernization of the telecommunications infrastructure, including the expansion of broadband Internet access, the full transition to digital telephony, television and radio broadcasting systems, the functions of state regulation, licensing and control of activities in the field of communications and telecommunications, as well as the use of radio frequency spectrum;
- ensuring the implementation of state programs on implementation of "e-government", interdepartmental coordination, monitoring, evaluation and control over the activities of ministries, departments, companies and associations, state authorities in the field of informatization and improving interactive public services, as well as the creation of a unified system of formation, storage and use of state information resources and databases, creation and management of interdepartmental information systems;
- ensuring the further development of the national segment of the Internet, creating the necessary technical and favorable conditions for the development of modern domestic web resources in different directions, including creating network resources that are intended to provide population, especially the younger generation with necessary information and intellectual content;
- providing coordination and assistance to the development of domestic software industry and IT-services, information systems and information resources, and to implement them in the sectors of the real economy;
- realization of measures to ensure information security and the introduction of modern technologies for protecting communication networks, software products, information systems and resources, further development of the technical infrastructure to protect information resources;
- organizing research and scientific elaboration, trainings, retraining and advanced training projects for the personnels who work in the field of information-communications;
- implementation of international cooperation in the field of информатион technology and communications, attracting foreign investment for the implementation of priority projects, the efficient use of the radio-frequency spectrum and other areas within the scope of the ministry.